Founded in 1941;
Activity renewed in 1944;
Registered as the society “Latvian Composers Union” (LCU) in 2005.
Aims and Objectives:
- Promote the development of Latvian professional music and science of music;
- Elevate the prestige of works by professional Latvian composers and musicologists in Latvia and around the world;
- Ensure the opportunity to freely devote oneself to creative work, music research and journalistic activities;
- Protect the professional, social and economic interests and rights of LCU members;
- Protect copyrights of LCU members;
- Facilitate the inclusion of Latvian music in the international cultural arena;
- Be a steward for the cause of preserving the heritage of Latvian music;
- Encourage the inclusion of works by Latvian composers and musicologists living abroad into the Latvian music scene;
- Maintain contacts and facilitate cooperation with national and local governmental institutions, and with NGO organizations of similar kind in Latvia and abroad.
Rolands Kronlaks – Board Chair of LCU
Baznīcas Str. 37 -3, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia
Phone: +371 20176304
Home page: www.komponisti.lv
IMC (International Music Council, UNESCO);
EMC (European Music Council);
ISCM (International Society for Contemporary Music);
IMS (International Musicological Society);
ICTM (International Council for Traditional Music);
ECF, APCOE, ECSA (European Composers organizations).